In April, spring has finally arrived in beautiful Taunus. Therefore, I spent my weekends with a good book on the balcony and read quite a lot. I also discovered great bands and watched some long-awaited series sequels.
Sunshine Blogger Award
A few months ago Nicci nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Last month I finally got around to answer her questions – my post can be found here.
A few days ago I spoke with my Tati and noticed, that my TBR is actually non-existent anymore. The last few months I read all my TBR books and the ones I bought. In May a few new releases will arrive but in April I just bought Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.
Last Reading Month
During the many hours of sunshine I read three books and I really liked all of them.
- “Thunderhead” by Neal Shusterman
- I finally got around to read the long-awaited sequel to Scythe. The book lets the reader take a look behind the curtains of this complex world setting. The story continued in an exciting kind of way, but could not blow me away like the first book did. Nevertheless, the ending suggests an exciting finale of the series.
- “The Serpent King” by Jeff Zentner
- On the recommendation of Nicci I dared to read this young adult book – and was not disappointed. The story took quite surprising turns, really moved me and entertained me overall. Niccis review can be found here.
- “Truly Devious” by Maureen Johnson
- With this book I again followed a recommendation, this time by Isabella. The author introduces very interesting characters in an exciting setting. The story was never boring and – on the contrary – became more exciting with each chapter. I’m really looking forward to the sequel of this young-adult-mystery-thriller. Isabella’s convincing review can be found here.
TV Shows & Music
Because next to books I’m also interested in TV shows and especially music I decided to mention these topics in my monthly reviews.
Last week the second season of Westworld finally started. I could hardly await the sequel and watched the first season again because of sheer anticipation. Westworld is just so incredibly exciting and intelligent and always manages to deceive the viewer. So far, the two episodes can be summarized with “Boy, that escalated quickly!” – I’m really looking forward to the next episodes and how the season will develop.
The second season of Designated Survivor finally continued last month. Although I still find the series interesting, I unfortunately have to say that the second season isn’t as exciting and doesn’t have as many plot twists as the first season. I really hope that this will change in the last episodes of the season and also in the next season – if there will be one.
Since I discovered Spotify for myself last year, I never leave the house without it. I sometimes discover cool bands through the playlists and mix tapes – in April it was, besides others, Darkhaus. The band has musicians, some of them are already known from other groups, that produce pretty nice rock songs with catchy tunes.
In This Moment
Another band I discovered on Spotify – In This Moment. I really fell for the voice of the singer Maria Brink in combination with metal, although the band not only plays metal, but they also use other genres in some of their songs. A few days ago the video for the Black Wedding cover with Rob Halford (Judas Priest) was released:
Lots of love,